In today`s world, social media has a very high role in making fame and explaining content to the world. Many of the news channel and government also gives out their directives through social media as this is the most effective way. Instagram is the top social media platform that is currently in use and millions of people use this on a daily basis for news and entertainment.
How To Post On Instagram From Laptop Or Pc
Instagram is a social media platform also known as a photo-sharing handle. Instagram is owned by Facebook Inc and is at the top of the social media handle.
Instagram did not have a web interface for a very long period and was only accessible from the mobile application, however, due to increased demand from the content creators, Instagram started their web interface as well, giving all the rights from direct messaging to photo and video sharing as well.
Many of the content creators expressed that they create images or videos on the laptop or PC and then they have to transfer them onto their mobile device so as to share on Instagram which is quite a hassle in itself. However, with this latest update, users can now use the feature of direct message through laptop or pc, however, social media is still missing the feature to add a picture or video through a web interface.
Steps on how to post on Instagram from Laptop or PC
- First and foremost, open and Google chrome on your Mac or Pc, if you don’t have Google Chrome, kindly download and install the same on your device.
- Go to www.instagram.com on the Google chrome browser and enter your valid credentials i.e., username and password for the same and log in into Instagram webpage.
- Once logged in you will see a 3 vertical dots on the top right side of the google chrome browser, click on it and it will show a drop down menu.
- Click on the option for “More tools” and in that select the options for “Developer tools” (The keyboard shortcut for this is by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C together at the same time).
- In the Developer tools section locate the mobile icon which will be present on the left side of the element’s options.
- Once done reload the webpage from the top or simply press the F5 button on the keyboard.
- Once done, now you will see Instagram as a mobile version on your PC or MAC.
- To upload an image simply click on the “+” button on the home page of the website and select the file from your system.
- Once done click on next and write the captions, tag any people if you want to any accounts that you want to tag, add respective hashtags and the location if necessary.
- After this simply click on the “Share” button will be found on the top right corner of the web page and your post is shared on Instagram.
Once the post has been shared and if you want to go back to your original viewing experience then simply disable the mobile option from developer tools and reload the webpage. This will take you back to the original webpage of Instagram.
The mentioned method is not a proper way to upload images as Instagram is yet to publish the official way of posting a post from a PC or laptop, however, this works very well, and note that this method works on browsers like google chrome and safari on MAC. This method has helped many content creators as it is quite troublesome to write each hashtag on mobile and captions on mobile are pretty hard to type. With a PC or MAC, the copy-paste feature works very well and people can write a lengthy post within minutes and post very easily.
Instagram has still not declared any official statement on the release of adding post option from the laptop or PC and the content creators are still waiting for this release. However, it is expected that this feature will be soon available as the demand for the same is quite high and this will make people`s work much easier on a daily basis.
You May Also Read: How Workforce Is Changing Digitally?